The Session of Hope Presbyterian Church welcomes all persons who believe in Jesus Christ into church membership. Membership at Hope is more about connecting to a family of believers that have a passion for living the gospel of Jesus Christ, rather than simply signing a piece of paper.
Hope Presbyterian Church seeks for everyone — guests as well as new and long-time members — to feel a sense of community at Hope and to grow in their own spiritual life. All of us have much to contribute to the mission of Jesus Christ, and the family of Hope offers many opportunities to grow in faith, connect within the community, and express faith through service.
- Profession of Faith
- Reaffirmation of Faith
- Letter of Transfer from your previous church
The Session receives new members at designated times throughout the year. Persons seeking church membership should contact one of the pastors or a church elder. Hope receives new members on the 3rd Sunday of each month. When a prospective member meets with the Session for church membership, they are asked the following questions about their Christian faith.
- Trusting in the mercy of God, do you turn from the ways of sin that separate you from the love of God, and in the name of Jesus Christ, do you renounce the power of evil in the world?
- Do you turn to Jesus Christ, accepting him as your Lord and Savior?
- Will you seek to be a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ, obeying the Word of God in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, and demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ through your life and relationships?
- Will you be a faithful member of Hope Presbyterian Church, sharing in our worship and ministries through your prayers and financial gifts, your study and service as you seek to fulfill your discipleship to Jesus Christ?
If you are interested in joining Hope, please contact Pastor Josh Robinson at 512-258-9117.