Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. – Hebrews 13:2
How are you called to action? Who do you call when called to action?
If you are interested in volunteering with any of the following organizations, contact the Hope liaison listed below:
- Hill Country Community Ministries – help in the food pantry. Contact Judy Fulmer
- Austin Resource Center for the Homeless – provide overnight shelter at Hope on cold nights. Contact John Hoffner
- Manos De Cristo – help with school supplies and clothing donations and other activities.
- Drive-A-Senior (Faith In Action Caregivers) – drive seniors to medical appointments and other locations.
- Presbyterian Children’s Home – provide support for the Austin facility. Contact Jean Abernathy
- Austin Samaritans – go on a mission trip to Nicaragua or provide support to a trip.
- Cancer Connection – if you are a cancer survivor or a family member of a cancer survivor and are interested in being trained to support cancer patients and their families, contact Cancer Connection at 512-342-0233
- Habitat for Humanity – participate in a house build in Austin.
- House of Friends – support activities for those affected by dementia.
- Foundation for the Homeless/Interfaith Hospitality Network – provide a meal and fellowship for guest families at Hope several times during the year.
- English as a Second Language – teach a class or be a conversation partner for an adult English language learner.