Caring instructors assist students preparing to test for U.S. citizenship.
You will find positive support as you learn more about being a United States citizen.
Citizenship Classes in person beginning June 2, 2021. Masks and social distancing mandatory. Classes are limited to 9 students who have no high risk health factors. Classes are held:
Wednesday mornings 10-11:30 a.m. To register, contact Elaine, at 512-231-9927 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday mornings 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. To register, contact Kathy, at 512-201-9107 or email@example.com. (Night classes to be determined later.)
There is no charge for the class, however a copy of the textbook Voices of Freedom must be purchased. Textbook is $40.
The requirements for citizenship applicants are:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a legal permanent resident for at least 5 years or 3 years if married to a U.S. citizen
- Not been outside the U.S. for a period of 6 months
- Have good moral character. If you have committed a crime or gotten a ticket, you must show proof that you have paid the fine or served the sentence.
- Have intermediate English proficiency level.
English as a Second Language Book Club
Learn the language while reading with others.
The English as a Second Language Book Club meets Wednesdays at 5:00 pm. It is recommended for upper intermediate to advanced level English learners.
Please contact the church office for more information. Currently meeting online.